SPYSCAPE is an innovative new edutainment brand, being developed by an exceptional team of award-winning creators and subject-matter experts. Our goal is to empower people to see themselves and the world more clearly. Our first ‘spy museum and experience’ will launch in New York City in early 2018.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of an emerging global brand. The IT/AV Support Technician will be a member of the IT/AV Team ensuring guests experience the best our exhibition has to offer and that our business users are effective in their use of computer systems.
Our ideal candidate will be keen to dive into a very dynamic working environment, taking on a variety of tasks as needed.
This role is based in central Manhattan, and reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Identify and resolve all issues relating to audio visual equipment throughout the exhibition
- Escalate issues with partners as necessary to ensure expedited resolution of issues as required
- Carry out daily preventative maintenance and system checks to minimize potential operational downtime
- Identify and alert manager to additional checks that would eliminate operational issues
- Carry out support of front of house sales systems as required, working with partners as needed
- Provide basic support to back of house computers and systems as needed
- Ensure the overall technical consistency of the exhibition guest experience
- Work within a shift schedule covering mornings, evenings and weekends
- Potential for some evening work in support of special events
- Potential for overnight work in support of special projects, repair and maintenance
- Additional tasks as directed by Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations
- Articulate, numeric, with ability to read and follow instruction verbally and via written procedure
- A well presented individual, capable of working under pressure to resolve technical problems
- 2 years practical experience in an AV or IT environment
- Excellent experience with technical fault finding
- Good experience of lighting and sound board operation
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems and PC architecture
- Good understanding of MacOS
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50lbs
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cloud technology
Terms and Conditions
Competitive salary based on experience
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to CareersNY@spyscape.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line.